May 3, 2010

Tammy and Gregory


Our romantic story begins actually before we met. In 2008, my mom and I went on the Golden Princess on and cruised to Mexico for a week. Gregory was on the same ship, but instead of working in the traditional dining room where he usually works, he was assigned to anytime dining (he's a head waiter). We never met. He was supposed to stay on the Golden Princess for another year with the same itinerary to Mexico in 2009, but at the last minute, he got reassigned to the Star Princess for the 7-day Alaska itinerary in 2009.

In June of 2009, my mom and I cruised to Alaska on the Star Princess. He was not only working in traditional dining where my mom and I ate, he was working our section and table.....so we finally met!!!! We hit it off immediately. The last day before we disembarked, he gave me his # and email and asked to stay in touch with me. We've been talking every day ever since!

I visited him in Poland in January to meet his family before his next contract started on the Ocean Princess in February. We were waiting at the airport for my plane when we started talking about what the future holds for us, and that’s when he proposed! For 14 hours on a plane back to LA, I was busting at the seams. I called my mom the next day and first thing she said was, “I knew it!”

No comments: