May 3, 2010

Danielle and Andrew


Andrew and I met in high school in Huntington Beach, Ca. Funny story actually. We were in choir together, when I was a Freshman and he was a Senior, and I never even looked at him twice before this night. We were doing a Christmas Concert at an outdoor Christmas tree lot and he wasn't able to sing in the choir with us because he was also in the Jazz Band and was getting ready to do a solo. Didn't know he was even there or existed at that point. We sang Jingle Bells, and Oh Holy Night, and all the famous songs and then were exhausted by the time we were done. A friend and I stayed to watch the Jazz Band perform and thank God we did! Andrew was up first. He sang Zoot Zoot Riot and the whole time he was up there putting on the best show. Swinging his hips around like Elvis Presley (who I am the #1 fan of) and winking at the girls in the audience. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw him. The whole time I was just standing in the middle of the crowd with my jaw to the floor. I swear I must have been drooling! Haha. So after that night was over I looked for him at school and noticed him everyday in choir. When I got up the nerve to talk to him I realized he was so nice! I asked him to the Sadie Hawkins Dance (the dance where the girls ask the guys) and then found out he had a girlfriend! =[ I was bummed. So I moved on quickly and was still nice to him and said hi of course. I met someone else and he was amazing. His name was Eddie and we were together for 2 1/2 years. He tragically passed away in a car accident in Dec. of 2002. Life was miserable after that. Another 3 years had passed, and for a lot of that time I wasn't ready to date anyone, when out of the blue Andrew gives me a call. I hadn't talked to him in years because he had graduated and I was still in high school. He just randomly asked me out to dinner. So I accepted and was in shock! I remembered how gaga I was over him years before. So we went to dinner and a movie. Everything went great and he asked me out for the next 2 nights as well. We got along so great that he invited me to his house and wanted me to meet his family. I met the family and thought they were great. The best part was, I walked into his bedroom, and it was an ELVIS SHRINE!!!! It was history from there. I had to rush him over to see my room which was the pink girly version of his! A month later we were watching a movie, and I know this isn't the most original proposal or anything, but he rolled over and looked me straight in the eyes and said "Babe, I know I don't have a ring yet, but I love you, and I don't think I'll ever find another like you. Will you marry me?" I was in shock. A few tears ran down my face and I said "YES!" This was on November 18th of 2005 and for Christmas that year I recieved the most beautiful diamond ring. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I pray that everyone will experience a love like ours and will find their soulmate. We would have liked to be married already but unfortunately money had been tight. We had a beautiful baby girl on April 14th of 2008 and are planning to get married on May 16th next year. I graduated Cosmetology School and am working part time right now, and he is a Certified Medical Assistant and is returning to school next week to get a degree in Phlebotomy. Life is pretty great and we can't wait to be married and seal our little family. Thanks for reading our story!

No comments: