May 3, 2010

Curt and Jean


January 27, 2008 - we met face-to-face for the first time. We'd been talking on the phone and in email for a couple of weeks. Starbucks - isn't that where everyone who meets online gets together? He was nice, and a couple of days later, he asked me out to dinner. I couldn't turn him down - he was so sweet! Dinner was nice... but when he asked me out for Valentine's Day, I opted to babysit for my sister. Three days later, he picked me up to spend the day at Laguna Beach, with roses, chocolate, and a Valentine's Day card. The day was perfect - he anticipated my every need and desire, as if he'd known me forever. I couldn't have asked for a better day, and once I got to know him, I knew that I'd waited for him all my life. We haven't been apart for more than a day or two since then - and on July 11, 2009, on the same beach where we shared our first kiss, he asked me to be his wife! On August 21, 2010, with my daughter and my sister as my maids-of-honor and the rest of our families looking on, we will be married!

No comments: