May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2009


Last Mother’s Day was one of the hardest days of my life. I woke up around 6am cramping and bleeding. I rushed to the ER only to receive confirmation of my greatest fear- I had lost the child I was carrying. The nurses and staff were all in a pleasant mood. Not knowing why I was there, they insensitively asked if I was a mother. I spent that day mourning the loss of my child and loving and appreciating the two that I still had with me. Losing four children has made raising the other three so much easier. When they are cranky and throwing fits, and keeping me up all night, I just hold them tightly and thank God that He gave them to me. I do still have those days where they drive me insane, but I have learned to appreciate the frustrations. I love these babies, and I thank God that He has allowed me to mother them.

No comments: